Saturday, January 24, 2009

Corners of my life.

After spending a lot of my time with a duster in one hand and the hoover in the other the house at last feels as if most of it is tidy!!  I decided to have a bit of an early spring clean as when the sun shone in with that bright January light it showed up so much dust on everything that I was shamed to spring into action. Dust bunnies the size of kittens where sucked from under cupboards, winter grime wiped from window and floors scrubbed.  So I thought I would let you peek into some of the corners of our home while its vaguely sparkley.














A collection of pebbles from our holiday.























I love to sit and read looking out on the garden and the hill beyond.  Georgian shutters keep the room cosy at night.













Trying to keep the sitting room mantle simple! Love my Ian North painting.























Cosy corner in the kitchen, this is where I took the doors off a mouldy cupboard!  I made the lampshade the other day, thought it looked like a hat!  The painting on the wall is by my friend Sara, a birthday gift I treasure.























Fabric at last has a home all neatly stored in a old cabinet in the corner of my workroom.























A wire shelf in the corner of our bedroom becomes a shrine to the sea, bottles full of sea glass and china alongside shells and postcards.  Lawrence Henry fish, I love his work we have quite a few things by him.























A little dresser I found last year, just right for some of my toy animals and a few old books from my childhood.  Sits on top of an old Cakeoma box that makes a handy shelf. Found the puzzle blocks at a car boot 20p well spent, they will probably end up in one of my assemblages the same with the little yellow hare destined to be in an easter box.























A wire display board over my desk holds images that inspire or delight me.

I hope you have enjoyed this little journey round some of the corners of my life and I hope you will find my taste in music not to much of an assault on your ears!!

Off now to start a new project that if it works out will appear at the next Vintage and Handmade Fair.

12 comments:

A time to dance said...

oh Jane I love your home it's to die for ...I would love to come and have a really good snoop ...but my hand bag would be bulging as I sliped away with yor treasures...naughty magpie that I am....you have fantastic taste...I love everything....

Teena Vallerine said...

Oh it's all lovely! Aren't you good doing your spring cleaning so early! I saw the dust in the sun's rays today and went outside until the sun moved around! HA! Beautiful painting in your last post..LOVE the buttons and collage! t.x

roseroomnz.com said...

Loved the peek into the clean sparkley corners of your home. Love home and so nice it reflects your personality and interests! Rachaelxo p.s. I am part of the One World-One Heart blog giveway, come visit and enter my giveaway!

heidi said...

hello my lovely,i really enjoyed that,music too!! you know which piece was my favourite;the wire shelf dedicated to the SEA!! i am so predictable!! look forward to seeing the new work. love & hugs heidixx

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

You have such a lovely house- thank you for sharing it with us :)
I noticed that you have the same postcards that I have on my inspiration board- I'm a big fan of Julie Arkell too!

Time does fly by doesn't it? I had no time to paint this week, so I'm going to try and do some today.

I love your button painting too!

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Your home is so elegant and beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Greetings!
Well it was lovely to escape to your sublime and serene home for five minutes.. but back to the reality of my dusty clutter now!
I see you are a fan of Julie Arkell.. one of my favourite artists..
Lots to do before the fair and sounds like you are well focused... unlike me!!
Michele xx

Sea Angels said...

OOh Jane what wonderful pictures, of your very lovely home..in Cornwall as well I have serious envy washing over me...I wouldn't even mind the dust bunnies..honest!
Fabulous.
oh and thankyou to for your lovely comments
Hugs Lynn xx

Carolee said...

What a beautiful home you have! It looks so cozy and inviting...And your music is just lovely...

~ Carolee

Hen said...

It looks wonderful. You have a beautiful home. Look forward to meeting you at the Fair.
Hen x

Rose&Bird said...

Loving all the interesting treasures, thank you for showing them. Just wanted to say I've given you a blog award - please pop by to collect it x

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Just found your lovely blog.
I will be back!

~ Gabriela ~