Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Of trees and puzzles.
















This morning dawned bright and warm, just the day to go and get our christmas tree.  We clambered into the car, Midgie sat on my lap eagerly looking out of the window on the alert because she had been told we were going to the 'Beach'. Nose to windscreen all the way she dragged me down the lane till I let her off her lead and she zoomed down onto the sand barking excitedly. I never tire of her delight for the beach.





































We wandered on along the cliff top to our favourite, almost secret, beach where we sat in the sun that was almost spring like in its warmth while Midge excavated a big hole under Ian. Back along the cliff path slipping and sliding in the mud and then a short drive round to the farm to get our tree.   No snow to make a festive scene and so warm you wouldnt believe its December our tree chose us as usual being the first we noticed and after going through them all the one we went back to, then the fun of getting it into the car!















What a lovely position this farmhouse has so near the sea, they have their own lobster pots and sell lobsters, cooked thankfully, we decided to treat ourselves to one so we could have one for supper. I am not very good at crustacea, I cant bear the way it crunches it makes me think of insects and stepping on beetles!  Luckily the lady cut it up for me. It was very tasty!!
















This afternoon was our jigsaw day, Sara came round with a cake and we got stuck in, to the cake and the puzzles.  I had got a few on ebay so we had some new ones to do.  I had got two from the same person and it wasn't till she got half way through it that Sara realized it wasnt the picture on the box and had been put in the wrong one. Very impressive considering she was referring to the picture all the time! 






















Then Boris decided he wasnt getting enough fuss so spread himself over the table and he takes up a lot of table!  Sitting by the fire doing puzzles with cake a christmas drink and giggling with a friend is one of the best pre christmas things, putting the world to rights and de-stressing puzzles can do that for you!  A thoroughly good afternoon.

9 comments:

heidi said...

i know which farm you've been too,'cugurrell' you lucky lucky things.one of johns favourite haunts for his fish supper! what a wonderful day jane,just like a summers day!!was that pencarrow or porthbane beach? i have probably spelt those wrong but you know what i mean!! porthbane is one of our favourites. i wish i was there with os digging holes in the sand!! lots of love heidi.xxxx

A time to dance said...

what I would like to know is how your other half got that tree into your car! Loved the pictures of the beach..it reminds me of ladies in Lavender...how lucky you are to be near the beach.

Country Cottage Chic said...

I miss not being able to take my dogs to the beach, having grown up on the coast the sea is one thing I miss about living here....maybe we'll move seaward one day...

Anonymous said...

Hi, Thanks for a lovely day Jane. I look forward to puzzle day next year!

Rose&Bird said...

Hi Jane

I'm delighted to have discovered your lovely blog! Your creations are amazing and you have some beautiful animals! I love Cornwall, you are very lucky to live near the sea!

Rose&Bird said...

The crow in the title looks just like one that lives in my garden (although it doesn't wear a little hat)! That rock in the photo looks so much like a dragon!

Redwoodhouse said...

what a fantastic place to walk, don't you just love watching a dog run for the sheer pleasure of it,(unlike myself, running I mean).
Cake, jigsaw a comfy cat and a huge Christmas tree sounds good to me...
Jan

Rose&Bird said...

Hi Jane

I couldn't see you at your stall when I was there - perhaps you were hiding! I will definitely be visiting the next V&H fair (possibly as a seller), so will say hello this time!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

I have to tell you that your blog is the best! I can't wait to get to England! Your photographs are just yummy and beautiful! Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas holiday!