Sunday, November 8, 2009

What have I been up to?!

After going on about being a bad blogger in my last post here we are five weeks later and here I am very ashamedly writing this after promising myself to do better and post more often! I do not know quite where the time has gone, is it just me or is time moving faster nowadays? Since I last blogged I have ...........

Had tea with friends, Christine, Gertie and Angela........

Started to try and tidy up the studio....... not getting very far there! ...........

Had a rainy afternoon in St Ives ....... with delicious local crab sandwiches ..............

Had halloween tea with Jacko Lanterns and devils chocolate cake ........

Found funny photos on the internet...set on auto timer looked who popped up in the picture ........

Made necklaces for the Vintage and Handmade Fair ...... made out of vintage oculists lenses with collages stuck behind and vintage beads and charms etc........

Little cones for sweeties of little gifts........

Boxes made from old postcards that are then stamped on........

Some assemblages with birds in.........in an old clock.......

And this afternoon we paid our weekly visit to Constantine Bay on the north coast, a bit cold but lovely and moody. We have decided to go here every Sunday for the winter and this was our fifth week and it has been different every time, what is nice now is there are not many people mostly fellow dog walkers with happy dogs playing ball. Midgie loves it and is worn out when we get home.

Also since I posted last time I had the really great pleasure of meeting my first blogging friend Helen from Cocoa and Blankets. They came down to Cornwall in a camper van all the way from Yorkshire and we spent a day and a half together. There was no awkwardness or shyness it was just like meeting an old friend you saw the other day. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them, Mr and Miss were both a delight too.

And now like many others I am going to say ONLY A WEEK TILL THE VINTAGE AND HANDMADE FAIR IN CHIPPING SODBURY!!!!! Eeek... More stuff to make and loads of stuff to sort out and price. Along with the bits I have made I have collected together quite a lot of vintage 'stuff' including some lovely 50s handbags and china, 40s utility children's clothing, straw filled doggie nightie cases, various nursery china, old childrens books, hampers, suitcases and baskets and lots of other interesting things. Also the schoolroom posters some of which I have framed like the one at the top of this post.

I hope that a lot of you will be coming along, come and say hello it is going to be a great day! See you there.

22 comments:

hens teeth said...

Hello J,
Thank you for leaving a comment, great to hear from you and I am so looking forward to seeing you and Christine on Saturday.
Hopefully have a chance to have a catch up chat then but in the meantime, I hope you get lots made. Safe journey.x

Sal said...

I love your necklaces,Jane!
Looking forward to Saturday!!
;-)

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

Wonderfully atmospheric photos of the beach, how ownderful to be so close to such beauty. Looking forward to the fair on Saturday, cannot wait.
Debbie

Helen said...

Nice to see you back . . . . . Good luck at the fair, Jane, SELL, SELL, SELL!!
lOVE Helen

Unknown said...

Love those necklaces! gorgeous! suzie. xx

salty pebble said...

beautiful jane, ive missed your wonderful posts but i know what its like the days just fly bye! hehe ;0) lovely pictures of your art and beautiful jewel's too ;0) im sure you will do so well at the vintage and hand made fair- so wish i could get there ;0)x enjoy x

A time to dance said...

Hi Sweetie, I will send you a long email soon...Alfie is is well and truely in the dog house, everything that you have made looks lovely...and I love the pictures of the beach...been every where looking for sock wool without wool, no luck yet..will keep trying...good luck at the fair, I feel like cinderella left at home while you all go to the ball...and I dont have a fairy godmother, maybe next time...love from all especially sweet P

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hope you have a great day at the VHM fair. Your boxes and necklaces are adorable

Carolyn

Lyn said...

You have been busy, we'll let you off!
Good to read a post from you, we missed you!
Love
Lyn
xxx

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Good luck at the V&H fair your things look so lovely epsecially the necklaces.
The light in your photo of Constantine Bay is so dramatic, wonderful. Have a good week preparing for the big Fair,

Sarah x

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Lovely new work Jane, good luck for Saturday. LOL 'Did someone say cheeze' - what a photo. Bfn. Lesley

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Your photos of Cornwall are so beautiful, very atmospheric!
You must be very busy indeed with the fair coming up so soon. I am going there to do some shopping, I can't wait!
The necklaces are lovely!
See you soon
Isabelle x

Ann's ART said...

Jane. Love your work! I am putting together a collaborative folk project where 12 artists will contribute 1 image (they will be licensed). If you are interested, email me agardner999@msn.com

Diane said...

You have been busy - you made such lovely things. Did I mention to you that I once called at your shop - but you were shut. HUGE disapointment.

Jess said...

Wonderful photos Jane! have a lovely time at the sale.x

Esther said...

Those necklaces are just beautiful.

noelle said...

Love your little boxes. I see you came to St. Ives, its still raining, thinking i may buy a boat!!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Jane ~ Yes, I can totally tell you that these days are just flying right by! Like you, I have been busy creating and that seems to melt the hours right away.

My husband was peeking over my shoulder as I was reading your post here. He loves the ocean pictures - of course! You are so blessed to be so close to the sea.

Lovely, lovely necklaces. And that clock assemblage? Too cute for words!

Have a great weekend!
Becky in California-USA

The fabric of my life said...

Ooooooh can't wait Jane. See you Saturday :-)

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

I knew you would come up trumps.. lovely stuff Jane.. looking forward to seeing you again in 2 sleeps time.
Michele xx

Calico Kate said...

Stunning photos at the end there, so atmospheric. I am not really surprised that you haven't had time to blog - at all! Good luck with the fair do take photos and let us know how you get on.
CKx

Vintage to Victorian said...

Hi Jane

Lovely to see you yesterday. Once again I missed looking properly at your stall despite being opposite. Having only just got round to reading this post I realise just what I missed!!!!

Sue x