Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sowing a seed in 'The Sea Garden'























Today I went down to Portsactho to see my friend Christine who owns the lovely little shop, 'The Sea Garden'.  This shop is a treasure trove of  beautiful little items of antique and handmade furniture, jewellery, linen, china and so, so much more.  Christine has a wonderful 'eye' and this tiny shop and I mean tiny is just a joy to be in.






















Well, joy of joys, Christine has offered me the above dresser to display and sell my work from.  I am thrilled and of course said yes. Im sure I can pack a lot of stuff onto those few shelves and will have a trial month in December.  My gallery was at the top of the hill from Portscatho and in fact was where Christine started out but like me she found it to quiet and she had the chance to move down the hill to this little shop which is just a one up one down of doll house proportions.  Christine stores fabrics and stock upstairs, even this is beautifully arranged, the girl just cant help herself!  Well here are a few more photos of The Sea Garden if you like any thing or want to see what Christine has for sale she has just started a shop online with www.whatidlove.co.uk  



















































I have been busy painting some angels for the V&H fair this week which I will show you when they are done and I hope to have a go at making some hand painted dolls too over the weekend.  Tomorrow is our afternoon out and we hope to go to Polperro, will take photos of course!  See you tomorrow.

10 comments:

heidi said...

hello all. what are you trying to do to me,this is torture jane.two of my favourite places in the whole wide world.polperro & portscatho!! give polperro my love.xx

heidi said...

the sea garden one of my favourites.hi christine! it really is a tiny tiny shop, bijou is the word i think! filled with wonderful treasure.christine made me some wonderful decorations for my christmas tree,last year. seeing those pictures has made me really depressed,i want to go now!!!! love N hugs heidi.xx

Sue said...

What a wonderful looking little shop...sue in atlanta.

Sal said...

Oh to visit that shop! What treasures!I hope your work sells well there ;-)

A time to dance said...

I would love to go to that shop Jane , it is definetly a POLLY & HELEN shop as Pete cals them - he has to stand outsde them for long periods with a paper while we go ooooh and ahhhh inside.
What great news about your display dresser - can't wait to see the pictures.
Polly is delighted with your coment about her picture. She went mad when she knew I had posted it - not so angry now eh!!! Have a lovely friday and think of me slaving away! Love H

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

I love this shop Jane.. We discovered it on our hols in Portloe a few years ago... I bought several items but could have bought so much more had I not been dragged away by beloved.
I am delighted to hear that Christine has an online shop...
Look forward to seeing your angels!

Michele x
P.s Hope this comment gets through..

Niki Fretwell said...

THANK YOU!!! so much for posting these delightful photos of Christine's adorable shop. I have not been able to visit, as we haven't made it to Cornwall for many years.
Christine actually visited my stand at the Shepton Mallet Flea market on Sunday. She takes such care selecting just the right items, which obviously shows in her stunningly arranged shop. What a calm, sweet, creative, friendly girl she is.
Thanks again - I'm going back to have another look at your lovely pics!
Niki.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hane, I love Christine's ADORABLY sweet shop! You are absolutely spot on by complimenting her "eye" for selecting things. I could spend hours just looking at each item, which is so my style!

I am excited for you that you will get to have some of your work at Christine's shop. If ever I go to England, this will be on my list of places to venture to. Of course, it is on the coast, too! A total delight it all is! Thank you for sharing!!

xo
Becky

walter and me said...

Thanks for posting these pics..reminds me just how lovely Christine's shop is....I could jump in the car straight away, such is the beauty of all she displays.

Vintage to Victorian said...

Hi Jane

I'm so glad you've created this post. I've not managed to get down to Cornwall for a few years - although now I've seen Christine's shop I'm rather keen to go!! She's been one of my regular Shepton customers for a few years now, so it's great to see a photo of her as the shopkeeper instead of the shopper!!

I saw her last weekend at Shepton and am hoping to see her tomorrow at the Honiton Textile Fair. She told me she'll be coming to the V&H Fair, so it will be super to see her there - and to meet you of course!

Sue